The Staten Island Opportunities Alliance has the following purposes:
1. To coordinate, plan and promote programs, supports and services provided by voluntary non-profit organizations for people with developmental disabilities in New York.
2. To provide administrative support to non-profit organizations providing services and supports to people with developmental disabilities by promoting collaboration in performing common management and programmatic functions.
3. To collect and disseminate information about best practices to non-profit organizations organizations providing services and supports to people with developmental disabilities to promote improvements in the quality of services for people with developmental disabilities.
4. To establish, maintain and carry on any other activities within the State of New York to effect and acarry out the purposes of this corporation.
5. To do any other act or thing incidental to or connected with the foregoing purposes or in the advancement thereof, but not for the pecuniary profit or financial gain of its members, directors or officers.